Gender Economics Research Center at Narxoz University, with support of Soros Kazakhstan Foundation, UN Women country office Kazakhstan and Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung in Kazakhstan from December 10 to December 12, 2019 holds the International Forum on Gender Economics
Events held within the framework of the Forum:
- December 11, 2019 10:00-16:10 within the framework of the Forum, a round table will be held on the topic: «Gender regimes in the Economy of Kazakhstan: unpaid work in household».
Deputies of the Parliament, representatives of State bodies, public organizations, international organizations, the expert and scientific community are invited to participate in the round table.
The round table is a continuation of the grant from the Soros Kazakhstan Foundation Foundation for the creation and operation of the Gender Economics Research Center in Central Asia and the UN-Women grant to study the unpaid work of women in Kazakhstan, during which interim outcomes of studies conducted at the center will be discussed and recommendations made on empowerment of women and on assessment of their contribution to the national economy.
The keynote speaker is Professor Mieke Meurs, co-director of the Gender Analysis Program in Economics, American University (Washington DC, USA). Topic: ««Gender Regimes, Unpaid Work, and Welfare Outcomes»
Issues for discussion:
– Gender division of labor and unpaid work in the household: evidence from Kazakhstan
– Human Resource Management and Gender Pay Gap: evidence from Kazakhstan.
– Modernization of the mechanism of state regulation of women’s employment in the STEM fields of Kazakhstan.
– Gender budgeting in Kazakhstan: processes, implementation mechanisms and prospects.
– Gender differences in the life expectancy of the population of Kazakhstan (1981-2017).
- December 10, 2019 11:00-13:00 – training on the methodology of gender studies for the academic community is conducted by an international expert, Professor Mieke Meurs.
- December 12, 2019 11:00-13:00 – training for NGOs, civil servants, international organizations, the expert and scientific community. Topic: “Internationally available gender disaggregated data”.
Event venue: Conference hall No. 11 at Narxoz University. Address: Almaty city, Zhandosov street, 55. Please go through the mandatory registration until December 2, 2019, on the following link: https://forms.gle/dtdZwUHPC9T14pF78